Cod Brochettes Kebab
- 1 1/2 lb Haddock or Cod
- 4 medium tomatoes cut wedges
- 3 small onions, cut wedges
- 1 bell green pepper
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 table Spoon dry white wine
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- For basting sauce: Combine olive oil, white wine, fennel, lemon juice onion and salt and pepper, in a large shallow bowl.
- Cut the cod or haddock into chunks ( 1 1/2 inches square). Any thin pieces should be rolled up into pieces the same size as chunks.
- Slice tomatoes and onions as wedges, each will be 6 or 8 wedges
- Place fish pieces in bowl with basting sauce. cover half the bowl with slices of tomato and the other half with slices of onion. Place bowl in the refrigerator for 2 - 4 hours.
- When it's ready to cook, thread the alternate pieces of fish and tomato and onion slices on skwers, starting and ending with a chunk of fish, and dividing the ingredients equally between skewers.
- Arrange skewers on oven pan; brush with half the basting sauce and place under a preheated hot grill. Reduce heat to moderate and grill for 4- 5 minutes. T
- urn skewers; baste with remaining sauce and continue to grill for 4-5 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately on a bed of rice.