Shrimp and Turnip Casserole
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled
- 4 cups turnip small cubs cut
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttered soft bread crumbs
1. Melt the butter in large skillet and add onions, garlic, turnip, bell pepper, celery and cook until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir in other ingredients, but not the bread crumbs; transfer wot oven prof shallow casserole and top with bread crumbs.
3. Bake in preheated 350° F. oven 40 minutes.