Shrimp de Jonghe
- 4 to 5 pounds cooked shrimp. shelled and deveined
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sherry
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
1. Melt butter in saucepan; add garlic, chives, paprika, cayenne and sherry.
2. Mix well, cover and simmer slowly 20 minutes.
3. Toss shrimp and bread crumbs together; add to butter-herb mixture, tossing to coat, then transfer to buttered casserole.
4. Bake in preheated 325° F. oven about 20 minutes.