- 15 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 beaten egg yolks
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Saute the shrimp in one spoon of the butter about 2- 3 minutes till become pink, move the shrimp aside
2. Melt the rest of butter 2 spoons in saucepan; mix in flour, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
3. Add cream, milk gradually, use a whisker to make the mixture thick and smooth, stirring constantly and cook about three minutes.
4. Keep stirring constantly, then add sherry, yolks into sauce..
5. Toss shrimp; heat and serve immediately, on top of cooked rice.