Shrimp Salad with vegetable and Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 large shrimp salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrop
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 cups chopped romain lettuce
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 sheets nori
1. In a medium saucepan boil the water and add ginger, half rice vinegar, and salt, simmer for 20 minutes. .
3. Meanwhile place other half of the rice vinegar in a small bowl with the vegetable oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix until smooth dressing .
4. Wile the ginger water has simmered for 17 minutes. Divine and peel the shrimp leaving the tail on, and add the shrimp to the ginger water, and let them cooke about 2 minutes.
4. Remove the shrimp and toss them in the dressing sauce
5. Remove the ginger slices from the water still in the pan and discard. Add the rice to the water, bring to a boil, and boil, uncovered, until the rice is just cooked, about 15 minutes (you may need to add a little additional water toward the end). Remove the rice, and toss with the remaining teaspoon of rice vinegar and the sugar. 6. Toast the sesame seeds in a 500° oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes, and tos with the rice. Reserve.
6. discard the ginger slices, turn the heat until boiled, add the rice and some water if needed, turn heat low cook the rice about 12 min or until done.
7. Toss all together the soft greens, shrimp and rice... Enjoy