Fried Fish and Shrimp
- 11b uncooked large shrimp deveined
- 1/2 lb fish fillets
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cumin
- 1/4 coriander
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
1. Shell the shrimp leaving tails intact. Cut fish into small pieces 2 in x 2in. Clean scallops.------- Dip shrimp, into batter; drain away i excess batter.
2. Mix flour, soda, cumin, coriander and salt into bowl, gradually add water and whisk it smooth batter, you may add little water if it's too thick.
3. Dip the fish, shrimp and scallop into batter and drain away excess batter.
2. Deep-fry in batches in hot oil about 350 F, until golden brown and cooked; drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with tartare sauce. Enjoy