Irish Beef Stew
- 2 pound cabbage julienne cut
- 10 oz. carrots
- 10 oz. onions julienne cut
- 1 pound potatoes cube cut
- 1 pound shoulder meet "mutton"
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- pinch salt pepper and nutmeg
1 Cut the meets cubes, place the meat in heave and skillet and sealed it on high heat till become brown.
2 Place vegetables, potatoes and the meat cubes in alternating layers into a heavy saucepan
3 Add the seasoning and barely cover with boiling beef stock, simmer on low heat until tender without stirring.
* you may use a dutch oven for this recipe as well on 325F for about 1 1/2 hour