Grits and Grillades
- 2 pounds veal steak thinly 1/4 in sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1'2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups cooked grits
- 1 1/2 beef stock or dimi glace
- In hot heavy saucepan or dutch oven, add butter and sealed the meat all sides till become light brown, add onion and keep sirring for another minut or two, remove the meat and onion aside
- Add flour and extra butter if needed, stir constantly for golden brown color.
- Add beef stuck and whisk it, till become smooth with no lumps.
- Add the rest of ingredients with meat and onion, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is very tender (add water, if necessary, to make sauce the consistency of thick gravy.
- Serve grillades with hot grits on the side.