Beans Party Dish
- 2 cups dried red beans
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 Vegitable oil
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups diced ham,
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- salt and black pepper to taste
1-Rinse beans; soak in water 30 minutes,then cook slowly until tender, about
two hours (add boiling water as necessary).
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat the oil in skillet; saute the sausages, then add onions and garlic, cooking until translucent.
4. Add the tamato paste nad oregano, stir into cooked beans along with parsley.
5. Remove about 1 cup beans; mash or put through a sieve and stir into beans (this will thicken the juices).
6. Serve over hot rice.