Crab Meat au Gratin
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup milk heated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; add onions, celery, bell pepper and pimiento and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Add milk and whipping cream, stirring until sauce thickens
- Add wine, salt and cayenne. Spread crabmeat in buttered baking dish; spoon sauce over crabmeat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350° F. oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.