Great with shrimp and fish
- 1 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Asiago or Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 can sliced mushrooms. drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In medium skillet, add butter and flour, cook over low heat till light brown.
2. Add milk gradually, making a smooth paste; cook over low heat until thickened andbubbly.
3. Add cheese; continue cooking over low heat until cheese melts, then salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients. Use over pasta, fish fillet or other seafood