Cordon Bleu with Mushroom
- 8 thin slices ham
- 8 veal cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 use mushroom soup recipe or condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Marsala
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Place 2 slices ham on each of 4 veal cutlets.
2. Sprinkle generously with grated cheeses; top with remaining veal, then press edges together tightly to seal.
3. Dredge cutlets lightly in seasoned flour; dip in egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
4. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; saute cutlets until golden, turning once.
5. Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
6. Add scallions and garlic to skillet; saute until tender.
7. Stir in mushrooms and cracked pepper; reduce heat, return cutlets to skillet and simmer 2 minutes to heat through, turning once.
8. Meanwhile, combine soup and milk in small saucepan; bring to boil, stirring often.
9. Remove soup from heat; stir in Marsala.
10. Add soup mixture to skillet; continue cooking until sauce reaches desired thickness.
11. Transfer veal to heated serving platter; spoon sauce over top of meat and garnish with parsley.