My virgin of the Hash Browns, added leek, eggs and sausages! This is came out a nice combination adding extra flavor and texture to the hash, however I used for this particular recipe a chicken sausage, and the truth I wan't impressed, thought it's less fat!! But wasn't worth, or may be the particular sausage I used wasn't great! originally I made the recipe with Chorizo and German or Spanish traditional sausage, and always came out superb!!
It's important not to let the leeks over-coked and drain all the excessive water from the shredded potato, so that gives it extra textures and crispness. Finally serve the dish with German sauerkraut and cucumber is the balance for the dish... hope you try it.
- 4 Cups of chopped Mushroom
- 1 Medium size of onion julienne
- 3 Gloves of minced Garlic
- 4 Cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tspn of oregano
- 4 Tbspn of olive oil
- 1/4 Tspn fo nutmeg
- 1/4 Tspn of black pepper
- Saute the Onion and the garlic for 3 - 4 min or till the onion become translucent.
- Ddd the mushroom and oregano, black pepper while you keep cooking for another 5 - 6 min.
- Take a small part, about one cup of the sauted mushroom and onion and put it aside.
- Add the chicken broth to whatever left of the mixture, and put it in the blender for few at medium speed, till become smooth.
- Add the mushroom and onion you preserve, finally add the nutmeg and let it boil for one minute....Enjoy