Black Been Eggplant
- 11/2 pounds eggplant, stemmed
- 4 onces dried Mexican red chilies
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 small chopped onions
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- White grated chedder and cilantro for garnishing
1. Cut eggplant into 1in cubes and season with salt let it set for one hour.
2. The way cook 2/3 cup of dried beans will make 2 cups: soak in water overnight or about 6 hours, and boil on moderate heat for 2 hours.
3. Drain the cooked bean, and place in heavy saucepan, then simmer the cooked beans with the vegetable stuck for 20 min.
4. Puree the chilies and liquid in blender until smooth
5. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven, add eggplant, onion, coriander garlic cumin stirring about 3 min.
6. Add the tomato and continue stirring for another 2 min
7. Add the chili puree and simmer for 10 min..Sprinkle cheddar and cilintro on top.. Enjoy