Potato Gnocchi with Herbs
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Dubliner cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1. Boil the potato until become very soft, normally 20 - 45 min, when it's done, add cold water and peel the potatoes and let it set.
2. When the Potatoes are cool enough, place in a medium bowl and mash with ricer, masher or fork
3. Add the egg, butter cheese, salt, oregano, pepper and nutmeg and use a fork to stir in the mixture
4. Add the flour and transfer the mixture to a kneading surface and continue kneading till become smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a desirable texture as a rope 1/2 in. thick, and cut the rope into 1/2 in. pieces
4. Boil good amount of water In a large pot and cook gnocchi until they float, about 3 minutes. Drain gnocchi completely. Serve immediately.