Tomato Basil Sauce
- 3 large ripe peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 5 sprigs of fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- In large saucepan, heat the olive oil on moderate heat, add the garlic and stir for one min.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and stirl the mixture well, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Discard the basil springs and place the mixture in food processor for the right consistency
- Toss with hot pasta, and serve immediately