Flounder Fried the Perfect Way
- 2 pounds flounder fillets, cut into 16 thin
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cracker meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in heavy deep skillet till reach about 360 F
2. Beat eggs well and pour in shallow bowl
3. Combine cracker meal, salt, pepper and cumin in a large plate.
4. Dry the flounder very well, and dip in egg, then in the cracker turn it around to be all coated.
5. Fry it 2 - 3 min until golden brown. It's good to cook it in batches few at a time, so won't reduce heat of the oil
5. Remove fish to dry towel to drain the oil and serve on hot plate garnished with lemon wedges... Enjoy