Quinoa with Middle Easter Spices
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat olive oil in heavy saucepan on moderate to high, add onion and caraway seeds, cumin and onion, reduce the heat and cook until onion became golden.
2. Soak in warm water the sun-dried tomato for 1 - 2 hours
2. Add the quinoa and keep stirring for another 2 min
3. Add chill, sun-dried tomato after you drain the water and continue stirring for another min, finally pour chicken broth, cover the pan, reduce the heat to the lowest and simmer for 20 min.
4. Garnish with cilantro and drizzle with olive oil... enjoy!