White Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound smoked sausage. cut into 1'2-inch slices
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) navy beans with bacon (undrained)
- 4 cups water salt and Freshly ground pepper
1. In large saucepan, cook onion, celery and bell pepper in butter until soft
2. Add sausages and tomato sauce; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In separate saucepan, bring navy beans with bacon to boil.
4. Puree beans and their liquid in a food processor or blender; add to ham mixture.
5. Add the water; season t o taste and simmer for 1 hour. Serve piping hot.