- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or Tabasco
- 1 cup bread crumb
- 1 cup flour salt and freshly ground pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix buttermilk cayenne pepper or Tabasco.
2. Mix very well, flour, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper and paprika
3. Add oyster to buttermilk and soak them for 15 min or more; roll oysters in seasoned flour and bread crumb mixture .
3. Heat vegetable oil; fry oysters quickly in very hot shortening until brown.
4. Drain well on paper towels before serving, and serve it with your favorit sauce or our Remoulade Sauce .