Chicken With Mushroom
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups minced celery
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 green pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives
- 2 cups sliced mushroom mushrooms
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup shipped Parsley
- 1/2 cup dry shite wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
2. Melt vegetable oil in large Dutch oven and brown on all sides. Drain any extra fat left around the chicken.
4. In saucepan, melt butter; add flour and cook until become light brown.
5. Add celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion and reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.
5. Add tomato paste and chicken broth and mix it constantly till become thick and smooth
7. Transfer this mixture to Dutch oven and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
9. During last 30 minutes, add salt, Oregano, cayenne pepper, mushrooms, olives, lemon and parsley.
10. Just before serving, add wine.
11. Serve over pasta or rice.