Cod Fillets with Mushrooms
- 1 pounds cod fillets cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, shiitake preferred
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 large sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3/4 cups heavy creme
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter in large skillets over moderately low heat, add the mushrooms, onion, tomato, shallots white wine, parsley and thyme Cook, stirring occasionally about 7 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
2. Add the creme and season to taste with salt and pepper stirring with other ingredients for 2 min.
3. Place the cod and cook it gently on each side about 5 - 7 min don't flip it. Normally when center of the cod turned milky and flaky the code is don. Never over-cook it.
3. Transfer the cod to a platter. boil it other ingredients to the desired consistency. Pour the sauce over the cod... enjoy