- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups plum fresh plum tomato peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and freshly pepper to taste
1.Heat the olive oil on a heavy saucepan, add the onion and and sauté until soft about 6 min
2. Add the tomato with their liquid, stir in with and transfer to processor or through a food mill to get the right consistency.
3. Return the mixture to heat and simmer for 20 min, 5 min before finish add the basil, marjoram , salt and pepper.
4. Toss with hot pasta. garnish with the additional fresh herbs....Enjoy